Join us in nurturing the next generation of games developers!
By opening this page you’ve already taken the first step to tackling our industry’s skill shortage. With your help we can ensure that the next generation of developers have the skills needed to break into the industry with a bang and hit the ground running in studios like yours.
Alongside the Grads in Games website and career services, we put on two big events each year which you can get involved with!
We travel up and down the country during our Get in the Game tour offering detailed CV and portfolio advice, workshops and hints and tips. In 2016 we visited 66 UK universities and talked to around 3000 Computer Science, Games Development and Games Art & Animation students to help them develop the skills they need to land a job in the games or tech industry.
Our Search for a Star & Rising Star competitions showcase both graduates and leading university courses, demonstrating to the games industry the talent, aptitude and employability of programming, games art, animation and VFX students. In 2017 we had over 800 entrants, and we’re always aiming for bigger and better!
We have two partnership options available for those of you who are interested in building the industry’s graduate talent.
For those of you wanting to get a bit more involved, we have a variety of sponsorship options to suit your objectives and budget, from high-visibility sponsorship to exclusive recruitment opportunities. In return for your financial support, we can help you build your brand, strengthen your connections, meet decision makers with purchasing power in leading universities, or fill your graduate vacancies with the top talent. There are also plenty of opportunities to build the initiative into your staff development programme, furthering the skills of your team.
Sponsorship opportunities can be tailored to:
- Speaker options for all talks and workshops on tour, improving presentation and communication skills
- Allows your staff and studio to give something back to the industry, shaping the next generation
- Opportunity to give feedback and critique the work of others
- Gain experience interviewing candidates
Your Recruitment needs
- Discover, meet and engage with the next generation of games developers
- Early CV access and the opportunity to hire top graduates before they reach the job market
- Tailor the competition brief, and tour, to ensure the grads we work with have the skills they’ll need in your studio
- Graduate placements and internships can be included in sponsorship – meaning we start searching from day one
Increase your brand awareness
- Promotion in our eShots and dedicated mailers to our 35,000+ candidate database
- Advertorial space on GradsinGames.com, Develop, Aswift.com, plus editorial coverage throughout the competition
- Social media support
- Prominent branding on all promotional materials throughout the year and on GradsinGames.com
Drive sales & business development
- Introduction to all of our relevant partner studios
- Introduction to our University Partners (academics at over 110 Universities in Europe)
- Distribute your products and promotional items directly to 3000+ students
Want to simply volunteer to help the next generation? The role of a Grads in Games Patron is to support and promote the initiative’s activities. To support more graduates, and help to create a more sustainable industry, we need as many hands on deck as possible! Whether you’re able to make a donation of time, resources, or a financial contribution – we need you! Click here to find out how you can become a Grads in Games Patron!
For more information, check out our handy Grads in Games Partnership Opportunities for more information or contact Rachel Frost at Rachel@aswift.com or +44 (0)1709 834777.