We’re looking for students currently studying games to join our Ambassador programme.
Together you will help raise awareness of how Grads In Games can support and guide students to starting their career in the games industry.
What does a GiG Student Ambassador do?
- Help us to arrange and promote events to your fellow coursemates, be a GiG representative for your university and encourage more people to take part in gamedev activities.
- Promote GiG activities and resources online through your own social media profiles.
- Provide us with any feedback on how students at your uni would like Grads In Games to further support them.
- Volunteer at in-person events such as Search For A Star Finals Day 2022, as a member of the GIG team.
Why should I do it?
- By becoming an ambassador you are able to create links and access networking opportunities with games industry professionals (something that can be vital when job-searching)
- The GiG team will provide you with personalised 1 on 1 CV & portfolio review support.
- It’s volunteering experience for you to add to your CV, providing you with something that many others won’t.
- Where possible, we’ll offer you invites to external events that we’re a part of.
- There’ll be opportunities to receive prizes and rewards. (studio merch, games etc.)
Who would make an ideal ambassador?
- Any current student enrolled on a games relevant course who is:
- Comfortable representing their university and other students.
- Proactive around campus and on social media.
- Actively wanting to start a career in the games industry.
If you want to become a student ambassador then fill out the application form below. We have slots for 2 ambassadors per university and they will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis so don’t delay!