Working for Hello Games– Guildford, UK
Hello Games are looking for a Graduate Programmer who will get stuck in with the team making code for games from day one. They are an independent video game development studio and publisher based in Guildford and Cambridge in the UK. You will be surrounded by an experienced multi-discipline team so it’s a great opportunity to contribute to and learn from the whole team.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating and implementing features into the game
- Producing high quality code.
- Learning about all aspects of game development and process at Hello Games.
- Working collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to resolve problems and contribute to the game
- Taking ownership for quality and hitting deadlines
The skills and experience you’ll need…
- A computer science degree or similar
- A strong mathematical background (qualifications at A-level, equivalent or above), a comfortability with 3D math, vector and matrix math
- A good understanding of C++
- A passion for coding games, evidenced by a portfolio of projects developed either on you own accord or through previous professional or educational experience
- Good communication skills to work across a multidiscipline team
Hello Games are a video game development studio and publisher based in Guildford and Cambridge in the UK, and are proudly independent. They are the creators of the multi-award winning Joe Danger games, the huge and evolving No Man’s Sky and the intimate puzzle adventure The Last Campfire and when they’re not doing that, we’re probably working on something new.
The people of Hello Games are a varied bunch, but there’s a few things they have in common. Generally they’re humble, they have potential, and the grit to try to do their best work here.
Their team is everything, so if you think you fit, then they are always hiring.