Working for Airship Images – Lytham, UK
Here at Airship Images, we are always trying to push the quality bar! Therefore, as a Junior Character Artist you will help create stunning 3D character art for next generation AAA game titles from top studios around the globe. As a Junior Character Artist, you will need to demonstrate a good understanding of organic and hard-surface modeling and texturing fundamentals.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our fast-paced environment. You will possess strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively.
We’re looking for someone who is aligned with our core values and has following skills and experience.
● Strong portfolio which demonstrates good understanding of 3D modeling techniques and general pipelines
● Experience of industry standard 3D package; Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender for modelling, Substance Designer/Painter and Photoshop for texturing.
● Good sculpting skills (zbrush )
● Understanding of PBR workflow in texturing
● Knowledge of human & creature anatomy
● Knowledge of good topology and UV
● Knowledge of hard surface modeling
● Willingness to learn new tools, and keep trying to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool
● Basic knowledge of general 3D pipelines and workflows in-game art production and limitations
● Effective multitasking, prioritisation, organising skills and proactively solve problems, and deliver on schedule
● Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
Please note that these are not essential to apply for the position.
● Traditional drawing and sculpting experience
● Knowledge of game engines (Unity or Unreal Engine)
● Rigging skills
● Substance designer experience.
● Marvelous designer experience
Please sent your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com