Working for Well Played Games– Leamington Spa, UK
Well Played Games have an opportunity for an energetic and enthusiastic Junior Games Analyst to work within their mobile free-to-play development team. They are a small but experienced games development company based in Leamington Spa, UK, who develop a variety of video games across a range of platforms.
In this role, you’ll be building, measuring and analysing data from a variety of games – so if you’re detail orientated with a passion for data, visualisations, this could be the perfect role for you!
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Helping the game team make data-informed decisions by providing insight into player behaviour through presentations, deep dives, and answering general queries
- Partnering with Product Managers to prioritise the most impactful questions for the business and use data to make recommendations for changes and improvements to the products
- Defining the telemetry requirements of the project, in an ongoing capacity, and identify any data quality issues
- Working closely with the product and the development teams to ensure data is fully understood by everyone.
- Championing a data-informed environment and help the team understand how data can be used to resolve the questions they might have
- Developing new dashboards based on the evolving needs of the project, to track features and experiments, and iterate them with usability in mind
- Designing, executing and analysing experiments that help us better understand our player’s needs and wants to help us maximise the potential of the product
The skills and experience you’ll need…
A bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, or a related field
Familiarity in SQL, Python, or R
Excellent oral and written communication
An understanding of data visualisation software, such as Tableau, an advantage
Experience playing or working on a free-to-play games an advantage