Passionate about gaming and a creative flair for content? We’ve got the perfect job in the Grads in Games team!
Grads in Games is a non-profit organisation on a mission to help more young people get a job in the games industry. Every year we provide opportunities for thousands of students to up their skills and become more employable for jobs making video games.
This is an exciting role which will play a huge part in expanding our projects and helping even more people. We need somebody who is a creative at heart and loves creating content that will inspire thousands. This includes written, video and graphic design.
As you join the team you will find yourself firmly embedded within the games industry itself, working with industry professionals who are responsible for some of the biggest games to hit the market in the past 20 years.
What are some of the things we need you to do?
- Creating and editing video content – event coverage, interviews, webinars etc.
- Writing original articles and editorials derived from interviews with games studios, project announcements and thought leadership pieces based on the latest industry news.
- Graphic design using the Adobe suite.
- Carry out industry research to generate content ideas.
- Internal research which helps our projects to reach a wider audience and to launch new ones.
- Attend and cover industry events such as Gamescom & Develop: Brighton
What kind of person do we need?
Our team and culture is driven by our values (Collaborative / Creative / Supportive / Resourceful / Performance) but for this role specifically we are looking for somebody who can show examples of the following personal skills and attributes:
- Excellent time management and planning skills – able to meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail and takes pride in your work
- Tech savvy – able to use and pick up a variety of tools
- Professional (not corporate) – comfortable interacting with a variety of different stakeholders
- Genuine interest in the video games industry
What about technical skills?
- Adobe suite – Premier Pro, Audition, Photoshop (secondary Illustrator, InDesign)
- WordPress or similar CMS
- Advanced Google Sheets
- Mailchimp or similar email marketing platform
We love what we do and as we grow we want you to grow with us (we have a ton of other stuff to teach you). To hear more about this role, please contact Andy Driver at email@example.com and make sure you include a CV and examples of your work!