Our annual nationwide careers tour Get In The Game is back, and we can’t wait to get back on the road!
Last year, we visited a total of 64 universities and spoke to over 3000 students at universities across the UK along with games industry representatives from Rare, Autodesk, Boss Alien, Exient, Perforce, Edge Case Games, Ninja Theory & more.
This year, we’ll be joined by Playground Games, AMD, Cloud Imperium and Red Kite Games, with many more studios to be announced!
Our grad team will be delivering expert careers advice to students on games based courses, including Computer Science, Games Programming, Games Art, Animation, VFX, Game Design and Games Development.
The talk will cover:
- CV, portfolio & demo advice
- Interview techniques
- Technical & practical knowledge required by studios
- How to increase your employability
- How to maximise your chances of securing your first industry role
Games industry speakers will be speaking about a variety of exciting topics, drawn from their experience in the industry. This includes both technical talks, focussing on elements of the development process and talks about their journey into the industry.
The tour begins this month and we’ll be visiting the following areas:
- Scotland/North West – 18th-21st October
- Yorkshire – 24th-28th October
- Midlands – 31st October-4th November
- London – 7th-11th November
- East/Midlands – 14th-18th November
- North West – 22nd-25th November
- South – 28th November-2nd December
- Wales/South West – 5th-9th December
Book yourself a place at your university via our Eventbrite page (more dates to be added).
Click here to find out more about our Get In The Game tour.