Want to start your career as a lighting artist with a studio who do their best to support your needs and balance your career and personal life? Health and wellbeing are super important here, that’s why you’ll enjoy loads of benefits like health care coverage, zero-crunch policy, retirement plans, stock purchase plans and much more! You’ll be part of a dynamic work environment with several fitness perks, discount programs and even free games! You’ll even have your own dedicated studio barista, how awesome is that?
You’ll also be able to really enjoy your work, with a culture that encourages creative freedom and autonomy. If that’s not enough, they’re also a leading, genre-defining, AAA studio with an international audience of millions, currently working on their most ambitious project to date…
So, let’s talk about you. If you’re into creating dynamic lighting systems and are looking to learn from some of the best in the industry, you’ll be in exactly the right place. You’ll be creating atmosphere, adding realism, tone, depth and emphasising drama in some of the greatest games in development!
Here is a taste of what you’ll be doing…
- Lighting a variety of different environments, from small levels to open worlds.
- Cinematic lighting of cutscenes and narrative scenes.
- Collaborating with all teams to push the boundaries of gameplay and graphics.
- Placing and tweaking of light sources within environments.
- Creation and capture of sky and cloud textures to create lighting setups for different conditions.
Here are the skills you’ll need…
- Understanding of physically based rendering technology and pipelines.
- Good sense of lighting theory; colour space, exposure, light fixtures, natural light, reflections etc.
- Understanding of cinematography and photography; the use of camera technology, composition and lighting to set the mood.
- Understanding the use of lighting as a powerful tool in gameplay clarity. For example; to guide the player forward, highlight objectives and enemies.
Interested? let’s have a chat – no need to update your CV just yet. You can contact Sharan at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +44 (0)1709 834777.