Working for d3t – Runcorn, Cheshire
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is growing, and we are now looking for an Associate Technical Artist to join the expanding Art Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement.
The Associate Technical Artist will be a key part of our growing Art Team. We are looking for a creative problem solver to support both the art and animation team requirements, assisting with resolving technical issues, streamlining workflows, improving performance and creating toolsets.
We work with very high-profile clients on amazing game titles and the Technical Artist will get to work on a wide variety of projects, raising the bar of the art productivity and efficiency, and therefore helping us satisfy and retain their loyalty.
- Help to establish and maintain project art pipelines from inception and throughout the project life-cycle.
- Assist with creating and integrating in-house toolsets and be involved in creating materials/shaders.
- Help to ensure all artwork hits memory and frame rate guidelines/restrictions by means of performance profiling.
- Collaborate with the artists and feedback on how they can improve the performance of the in-game assets while maintaining visual fidelity.
- Help to ensure all artwork adheres to guidelines regarding naming conventions, texture layering structures etc.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team.
- Add to our library of tutorials, documents and technical guides to improve efficiency in the art pipeline and be proactive in finding solutions to technical issues.
- Advise Tech Art Leads of resourcing concerns and productions risks.
Think you fit the role – Head over to our website!