Working for Unexpected Developments – Nottingham, UK
Unexpected Developments are looking to bring aboard a Graduate Game Artist to their forward-thinking AAA work-for-hire studio based in Nottingham. After working on some fantastic releases with PlayStation, Pixelbomb, they’re looking to expand their team with a view to release their own original IP in the near future.
You’ve graduated and now all you need is a pioneering studio with the means and the inclination to onboard, support and develop you into the best Junior Artist you can be – well here’s your chance to receive hands-on development training and experience at a very early stage of your career!
As a Graduate Artist, you will be mentored by senior artists as you work on various projects. Your mentor will assist you in acquiring the necessary knowledge, so you can develop your programming skills to their full potential.
The skills and experience you’ll need…
- A degree in a Game Art (or related subject), with a minimum 2.1 grade
- An excellent, game ready portfolio
- Expertise with 3D Studio Max / Maya, Adobe Photoshop and Substance Painter
- Fantastic communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively across all disciplines
Bonus points if you have…
- A familiarity of Unreal Engine / Unity
- Substance Designer background
- Knowledge of lighting, perspective, material finishes and special effects
Unexpected Developments has been formed with a clear mission to create fun and engaging games that all involved can be proud of, from our amazing partners to our super-talented team.
They believe that excellence is a reflection of outstanding people – it is the company’s core philosophy. They hire only the most talented people, and treat them with the trust and respect they deserve, which invariably leads them to create amazing products and over-deliver at every opportunity.
If the chance to be involved in of some of the biggest upcoming releases in the industry sounds great to you, then get in touch as soon as possible to apply or find out more details!