Working for Airship Images – Lytham, UK
Here at Airship Images, we are always trying to push the quality bar! Therefore as Junior Environment Artist you will help create stunning 3D worlds for various next-generation AAA game titles from top studios around the globe.As a Junior Environment Artist, you will need to demonstrate a good understanding of modeling, texturing, and lighting game environments. The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our fast-paced environment. You will possess strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively. We’re looking for someone who is aligned with our core values and the following skills and experience.
● Strong portfolio demonstrates a good understanding of 3D modeling techniques and general pipelines
● Experience of industry standard 3D package; Maya, 3ds Max, or Blender for modeling, Substance Designer/Painter and Photoshop for texturing.
● Basic understanding of modular approaches in game environment production ● Understanding of PBR workflow in texturing
● Basic understanding of shader functionality
● Knowledge of lighting game environments and composition
● Knowledge of game engines (preferably Unreal engine ) ●
Knowledge of limitations in real-time game asset creation
● Willingness to learn new tools, and keep trying to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool
● Effective multitasking, prioritisation, organising skills and proactively solve problems, and deliver on schedule
● Excellent visual and verbal communication skills. Desirable Please note that these are not essential to apply for the position.
● Knowledge of procedural approaches in world building
● Substance designer experience
Please sent your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org