Working for Airship Interactive – Lytham, UK
Here at Airship Images, we are always trying to push the quality bar! Therefore, as a Groom Artist, you will help create stunning 3D hair, beards, and fur for next-generation AAA game titles from top studios around the globe. As a Groom Artist, you will need to demonstrate a good understanding of the cinematic and/or real-time hair creation process.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about video games and be able to adapt and have fun in our fast-paced environment. You will possess strong problem-solving skills that allow you to work independently as well as collaboratively.
We’re looking for someone who is aligned with our core values and has the following skills and experience:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates a good understanding of 3D hair creation techniques.
- Experience with the following industry-standard packages; Maya, Zbrush & Photoshop.
- Willingness to learn new tools and keep trying to achieve the best quality by exploring the limits of any given tool.
- Basic knowledge of general 3D pipelines and workflows in-game art production and limitations.
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation, organisational skills and proactively solve problems, and deliver on schedule.
- Excellent visual and verbal communication skills.
Please note that these are not essential to apply for the position.
- Traditional drawing and sculpting experience.
- Knowledge of game engines (Unity and/or Unreal Engine).
- Experience creating full hair grooms using Xgen, Ornatrix, Yeti or Houdini.
- Knowledge of good topology, UV and optimisation practices.
- Understanding of how hair is styled/ cut (braids, tied hair, dreadlocks etc..).
Apply for this Job below!