We’re working with one of Europe’s leading game development studios, based right in the cultural heart of Amsterdam. They’re a big, bustling team of over 200 professionals from over 25 different nationalities! Their team and ambitions are expanding and they’re now on the search for a talented Junior Hard Surface Modeller to join them on their next project!
They’re a really highly regarded studio, with huge titles in their catalogue and directly linked to a major publisher. As such, you’ll have access to excellent training and development opportunities, an extensive range of studio perks and benefits, plus full support for relocation to The Netherlands (they’ll even help you learn to speak Dutch if you want to!).
Here’s a taste of what you’d be doing
- Modelling and texturing high-quality tech assets (weapons, robotics, equipment etc.)
- Creating high-quality art assets and ensuring their efficient integration in the game.
- Implementing assets into the engine for reviewing purposes.
- Guiding and reviewing contractors/outsourcing as part of the asset art team.
- Troubleshooting problems on reintegration of outsourced assets.
If you have these skills, you’d be a perfect fit
- You’re a great sculptor/modeller, who can work in any style – real or expressive, hard-surface or organic.
- You have experience in Substance Painter/Designer and an advanced understanding of Zbrush and Maya.
- You have a professional attitude; you are a good team player, proactive and can solve problems on your own initiative.
- You have a good understanding of materials in both their nature and their creation for physically based rendering
- You have an excellent technical and artistic understanding of creating assets based on a given 2D concept from mockup to final in-game integration.
Here are some great bonus skills, but they aren’t essential
- Experience with scripting in Maya.
- Knowledge or examples of making your own tools.
- Any experience working with outsource studios (e.g. internships or placements)
Interested? Hit apply now! Alternatively, let’s have a chat – no need to update your CV yet. You can contact Sharan at email@example.com or on +44 (0)1709 834777