Dovetail Games are searching for a Junior Technical Artist to work with a growing studio at their brand-new, fantastic river-front base in the heart of the Historic Dockyard in Kent, UK.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Helping drive the company in new directions in visuals and procedural creation.
- Assisting in the construction of cutting edge games within UE4, in huge open world environments
- Working with graphics programmers and other Technical Artists on simulation and rendering of water and other complex environmental effects
- Aiding in the continuous build and maintenance of their Houdini procedural pipeline and supporting the asset creation pipeline.
- Exploring the latest UE4 engine features and pushing the limits of new-gen console platforms
The skills and experience you’ll need…
- A solid and established comprehension of Unreal Engine 4, including materials and Blueprints
- A firm grasp of Physically Based Rendering (PBR) art pipelines
- Previous professional development with Houdini
- A genuine passion for videogames and a willingness to learn new skills
- Analytical mind and good problem-solving capabilities
Bonus points if you have…
- A knowledge of Cascade, Niagara, and lighting setups
- An understanding of animation principles and concepts
- A familiarity of rigging fundamentals in Maya or 3DSMax
- A comprehension of 3D packages such as Maya, 3DsMax, and Zbrush
- A grasp of C++ and/or Python
With industry leading work-life balance, regular social activities, and an array of fantastic benefits, Dovetail are a truly exceptional employer and a great place to continue your production career, and are top of the class when it comes to high-quality simulation titles for consoles. With huge, long-standing titles such as Train Simulator and Fishing SIM World, Dovetail are very successful in their corner of the market.
Dovetail are growing fast, developing games using cutting-edge technology and delivering these on multiple platforms: PC, PlayStation 4 and 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X.
This vacancy is managed by our exclusive recruitment partner Aardvark Swift. You will be redirected to their site to apply.