Working for d3t– Runcorn, UK
Due to continued success, d3t are continuing to grow, and there is an opening for a Junior UI Artist to join the expanding Art Team based in Runcorn, Cheshire. They are at the cutting edge of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to global AAA clients.
Your role and responsibilities will include…
- Creating high quality 2D user interface graphical artwork, from wireframe prototypes and concepts, through to implementation in game, including bug fixing and polishing
- Assisting with conceptualising new ideas, exploring new techniques and refining the UI to enhance the player experience
- Following specified art direction and working in collaboration with other departments
- Generating beautiful icons, menus, buttons and front-end HUD graphics
- Contributing to both providing and implementing feedback.
- Working with the Art Director to ensure consistency between initial vision and final assets
The skills and experience you’ll need…
- A degree in a Game Art-related discipline, minimum 2.1 grade
- Excellent graphical artistic ability, with a clear understanding of colour theory, proportion, layout, composition and use of negative space
- A passion for graphic design, iconography, typography and an appreciation of the importance of the UI flow and functionality
- Good working knowledge and proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Proficiency with various other tools used in game development and experienced in using current game editors such as Unreal or Unity
- Communication and organisation abilities and confidence working as part of a multidisciplinary art team.
- Demonstrable dependability and commitment to projects and tasks, and a hunger to learn and improve as a UI Artist
d3T are passionate about what they do and offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment who have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz.