If you get animated over games animation, then we’ve got you covered. Check out our list of handy tutorials and resources:
- After Effects: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/after-effects/tutorials.html
Lots of tutorials ranging in ability, from getting started and creating your first project to working with 3D layers and creating a puppet animation.
- Autodesk Maya: http://www.digitaltutors.com/software/Maya-Animation-tutorials
Extensive range of specific Maya animation tutorials from creating a snake rig to creating a car crash.
- Autodesk MotionBuilder: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/ENU/123112/files/motionbuilder-tutorials-html.html
Free tutorials focussing on various functional areas of MotionBuilder in a set of lessons.
- Digital Tutors: http://www.digitaltutors.com/subject/2d-animation-tutorials
Tutorials for 2D animation, including Toon Boom and Photoshop
- Nuke: https://www.thefoundry.co.uk/products/nuke/learn1/
Free video guides and walkthroughs from compositing basics to 2D camera tracking to colour control.
- Premiere Pro CC: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/premiere-pro/tutorials.html
Tutorials in all aspects of the program including editing, titles, transitions and effects and multicamera editing.
- Unity: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/topics/animation
Range of video tutorials covering character animation and controlling animation.
- Unreal Engine: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Videos?category=Animation
Several video tutorials for the free Unreal Engine software, including 3rd Peron Game with Blueprints to working with Skeleton Assets.