This Friday we’ll be taking part in Falmouth Digital Games Expo 2020, an event run by Falmouth Games Academy to celebrate the final year projects of this year’s graduates, to showcase student portfolios, and to hear from guest industry speakers providing their own insight and guidance on the games industry.
There’ll also be a virtual gallery of work from Falmouth University students, which we’re particularly excited about after their excellent performance in this year’s Search For A Star game dev challenges!
The Grads In Games team will be available during the day as part of the online expo, speaking with students about guidance on career prospects, preparing your CV and portfolio, and improving your employability for the games industry.
Guest speakers for the day include:
- Mike Bithell – Bithell Games (Thomas Was Alone, Volume & John Wick Hex)
- Imre Jele – Bossa Studios (BAFTA winners, Surgeon Simulator, I Am Bread)
- Bob Cheshire – concept artist (Marvel movies, Star Wars sequel trilogy & Jurassic World films)
- Careen Yapp – Industry Executive (Google Stadia, Sony Interactive Entertainment, Konami, D3Publisher & THQ)
- Colin Macdonald (Real Time Worlds, Rockstar, All4Games, Indie Champions)
- David Clark (SCi, Eidos, Greenman Gaming)
- Katie Goode – Triangular Pixels (BAFTA Breakthrough Brit, Unseen Diplomacy, Smash Hit Plunder).
For further information on the day and to register to visit, you can find out more at their event page here : https://www.eventbrite.com/e/games-expo-2020-tickets-105962326170