Get In The Game student careers events back for 2019
We’re bringing the award-winning Get In The Game careers talks to universities across the UK!
If you’re on a games-related course & want to know more about how to get into the games industry, sign up now for your nearest event & make sure you don’t miss out!
Talks will be presented by our Grads In Games team, with invited guests & speakers from across the games industry, covering topics important to everyone wanting to graduate into a games industry role.
The Grads In Games team (graduate careers specialists from leading games recruiter Aardvark Swift) will help you learn what it really takes to make it into such a competitive industry, including
- Easy ways to directly increase your employability
- Experiential advice & options on career paths in the games industry
- How to maximise your chances of graduating into a games industry role
- Guidance on CV, portfolio and demo content & presentation
- Interview techniques & preparation, specific to the games industry
- Insight on the technical and practical knowledge that studios are desperate for more of
The talks are based directly on feedback from studios who take part in our annual graduate recruitment survey of the UK game industry. They are designed to highlight the benefits and reality of a career in video games development, giving students the guidance they need on how to prepare themselves & improve their employability.
Sign up to stay informed about the speakers who will be joining us at your university!
Our guest talks from industry professionals can cover a whole range of topics – in previous years we’ve had
- Full workshops on how to become a better Unity developer,
- Open Q&A sessions with Lead-level developers and artists
- Glimpses into the huge world of mid-sized studios secretly working on AAA projects
- Direct breakdowns of how studio hiring processes work & how to stand out
- Informative insights into the expectations and daily work lives across indie, freelance and AAA developers.
We were supported throughout our events last year by speakers from studios across the UK, including Sumo Digital, nDreams, BossAlien, PlayStation London Studio, Firesprite, Codemasters, d3t, TT Games & more. We’ll be welcoming many of them back as guest speakers this year, providing insight into their own career paths, the studios they work for and just what it takes to make the leap from student to professional gamedev.
This is a unique opportunity for students to learn about the industry and how to make themselves stand out, with feedback and guidance direct from games professionals.
Sign up now to guarantee your place when we visit!
Get your free tickets now at GradsInGames.com/events
For more information contact Andy@gradsingames.com
Sign up for our mailing list & Follow @GradsInGames #GITG19 on Twitter for all the latest updates.