We’re bringing the award-winning Get In The Game careers talks to universities across the UK
(and even a couple in Europe)!
If you’re on a games-related course & want to know more about how to get into the games industry, find your nearest event & make sure you don’t miss out!
Talks will be presented by our Grads In Games team, with guests & speakers from across the games industry. Each careers event is tailored based on the relevant courses studied at your university, whether that’s a focus on technical and programming areas of study, more about creative development in art, animation and design, or a mix of topics to cover several areas. We’ll be joined by a range of guest speakers, which in previous years has included devs from Sumo Digital, nDreams, BossAlien, Unity, Rebellion, Microsoft & many more!
The Get In The Game careers talk
The Grads In Games team (graduate specialists from leading games recruiter Aardvark Swift) will help you learn what it really takes to make it into such a competitive industry, covering topics including
- General advice & options on careers in the games industry
- Easy ways to directly increase your employability
- How to maximise your chances of graduating into a games industry role
- Guidance on CV, portfolio and demo content & presentation
- Interview techniques & preparation, specific to the games industry
- Insight on the technical and practical knowledge that studios are looking for
The talks are based directly on feedback from studios who take part in our annual graduate recruitment survey of the UK game industry. They are designed to highlight the benefits and reality of a career in video games development, giving students the guidance they need on how to prepare themselves & improve their employability.
Register now & stay updated on the speakers who will be joining us at your university!
View listings for all Get In The Game careers events 2018
Get In The Game guest speakers
Our guest talks from industry professionals can cover a whole range of topics – in previous years we’ve had
- Full workshops on how to become a better Unity developer,
- Open Q&A sessions with Lead-level developers and artists
- Glimpses into the huge world of smaller studios secretly working on AAA projects
- Behind the scenes of the studio hiring process & easy steps to improve any job application
- Informative insights into the expectations and daily work lives across indie, freelance and AAA developers
This is a unique opportunity for students to learn about the industry and how to make themselves stand out, with feedback and guidance direct from games professionals.
Guarantee your place when we visit by getting your free tickets now at GradsInGames.com/events
If you’re an industry or academic representative looking for more information on Get In The Game, please contact Sharan Bassi.
Keep informed on all updates and speaker details as they’re released:
Sign up for our Grads In Games mailing list below