The Grads in Games Awards 2021- The Student Game Winner is Revealed!
The Student Game Award highlights student-built projects published within the past 12 months that demonstrate a strong talent and aptitude from its developer(s). These can be an individual project or a group project, either as part of student coursework or produced independently and extra-curricular.
The nominations this year showcase over 20 projects that go above and beyond expectations and highlight students making excellent preparations for life as a professional developer. 7 finalists were shortlisted to be assessed by our excellent judging panel;
- Tough Kookie – Louis Celeyron, Adrien Côté-Yang-Ting, Loup Druet, Corinne Fenoglio, Julie Jeanvoine, Tristan Ledieu, Eric Leduc & Laura Nadal of Rubika Supinfogame
- Momentum – Michael Bellekens, Christina Fekkes, Silke Nemegeer, Quinten Vanhooydonck & Ruben Van Ostaeyen of Howest DAE
- Stream Quest – Richard Stamp & Raul Volpato of Falmouth University
- SYNDESI – Léa Pernot, Adrien Daugy, Gaëlle Perree, Clarisse Lejars, Daphné Deloffre, Pierre Desnier, Jonathan Querard, Timothy Sharpe, Nicolas Leclercq, Florian Leclercq, Mathis Lenormand, Elodie Reigada Guerra, Steve Cau, Kenahu Chauvin, Lucas Benard & Kevin Mandjee Tahora of ISART Digital
- Into the Page – Julien Dai, Thomas Gilbert, Tamara Strub, Siyuan Wen, Valentin Laginha, Filip Nikolic, Rémy Vandendyck, Clément Cappannelli, Clara Ripard Minisini, Lukas Tamayo & Ge Ding of ISART Digital
- Family – Tim Sheinman of Goldsmiths University London
- Iloilo – Jens Lelie of Howest DAE
Following deliberation by our judging panel, we can now reveal that in their expert decision the winner of this years award is SYNDESI, created by the students of ISART Digital.
SYNDESI is a game where you play a nomad living on a farm perched on the shell of the imposing Ni’lah, the giant creature that accompanies you. You journey across a vast desert, explore the world and trade with the merchant cities to find new resources.
It is a non-violent game that offers a relaxing experience as well as a feeling of wonder thanks to the gigantic and exotic environment.
A fantastic and original game which really shows off the skill of the student developers, congratulations to the whole SYNDESI team.
- Producer: Léa Pernot & Adrien Daugy
- Game Art: Gaëlle Perree, Clarisse Lejars & Daphné Deloffre
- Game Design: Pierre Desnier, Jonathan Querard & Timothy Sharpe
- Game Design & Programming: Nicolas Leclercq, Florian Leclercq & Mathis Lenormand
- Game Programming: Elodie Reigada Guerra, Steve Cau, Kenahu Chauvin & Lucas Benard
- Music & Sound Design: Kevin Mandjee Tahora