The Grads in Games Awards 2020- The Student Game Winner is Revealed!
The Student Game Award highlights student-built projects published within the past 12 months that demonstrate a strong talent and aptitude from its developer(s). These can be an individual project or a group project, either as part of student coursework or produced independently and extra-curricular.
The nominations this year showcase over 20 projects that go above and beyond expectations and highlight students making excellent preparations for life as a professional developer. 7 finalists were shortlisted to be assessed by our excellent judging panel;
- BacteriAR – Jakob MacDonald from University of Central Lancashire
- Niloc – Farjad Mohammad / Stephen Ogbeiwi / Scott Foey / Alex Murphy / Tom Broughton from University of Bolton
- Nothing in Sight – Aditya Joy / Clémence Descharles / Eric Escher / Félix Pinchon / Guillaume Faguet / Lucas Devillers / Thibault Moitel from Rubika Supinfogame
- Takotan – 星のタコ – Joseph Calabro from University of Westminster
- Pair Up – Andrew Pearson / Joe Coulson / Sabrina Lang / Dan Bond from Staffordshire University
- Potion Panic – Marianne Skinner Cassidy / Valeria Graff / Emma Haephrati / Nikki Rose / Sean Fox / Loryn Hunt from Norwich University of the Arts
- Tenacious Odyssey: Chimera – Kane Challis at University Centre Leeds
Following deliberation by our judging panel, we can now reveal that in their expert decision the winner of this years award is Nothing in Sight, created by the students of Rubika Supinfogame.
The Nothing in Sight team set out to build a narrative game that will talk about war from a different perspective. Set in Ypres, 1915, you take care of four French soldiers, managing their health, mental health and rest.
With nominations for Best Student Game at the Independent Games Festival and the Ping Awards already in the bag, winning this award really highlights the fantastic work of these students.
Nothing in Sight team:
- Aditya Joy (3D Generalist)
- Clémence Descharles (UI Artist)
- Eric Escher (Shader & Gameplay Programmer)
- Félix Pinchon (Tools & Gameplay Programmer)
- Guillaume Faguet (Producer, Game & Narrative Designer)
- Lucas Devillers (Technical Game Designer)
- Thibault Moitel (Technical & Environment Artist)