Search For A Star – The Journey so Far!
We are a week away from Search for a Star Registrations closing!
First things first – if you haven’t signed up yet, please get involved! We’ve been talking on our socials about how this is a fantastic opportunity to get a job in the games industry and even held a panel with people who quite literally got jobs from SFAS and Rising Star!
Don’t miss out and get yourself signed up…
With a week left of registrations, we want to show you some of the work that goes into making Search for a Star & Rising Star happen!
The Journey so Far…
- We began by working on the this years’ project briefs and coding test. Our briefs are constructed by building teams of people from multiple studios who collaborate and build a brief based on the kind of things they want to see when they hire! Thank you to our partners at Playtonic Games, Fireproof Studios, Virtex, Airship & d3t for helping us come up with some great briefs this year.
- Once we have the ideas for the project briefs, we work with our partner studios to set the marking criteria and sign off ready for you to begin working on!
- As you work on your briefs we begin building our assessment team. We are aiming to build a team of 200+ people in industry that will be marking and providing feedback on every single project!
- We also start putting plans in place to hold our Finals Day event in April, securing the National Videogame Museum and Sheffield Hallam University as venues!
Whats to come…
- We can’t wait to see your work-in-progress shots (use #SFAS22) and finished projects. We will be promoting them to the industry as much as possible!
- From Feburary 7th to March 13th we will be helping hundreds of experienced devs to get access to, mark and provide feedback on all of the projects! (Here’s who did it last year!)
- On April 22nd we will host Finals Day. Our finalists from each category will sit interviews with studio leaders who decide our winners, we will host a studio recruitment expo as well as a conference of fantastic speakers!
The Journey is nowhere near over yet – it’s just getting started – so get yourself signed up and see where our GameDev Challenges can take you!